שׁפטים - "Judges"
"You shall appoint for yourself judges, and officers in all your towns which the LORD your G-d is giving you, according to your tribes, and they shall judge the people with righteous judgment.
|<< Previous (Re'eh)||Next (Ki Tetze) >>|
The Hebrew Word
First use in Scripture
The first time shoftim is used in Scripture is in Genesis 16:5.
And Sarai said to Abram, "May the wrong done me be upon you. I gave my maid into your arms, but when she saw that she had conceived, I was despised in her sight. May the LORD judge between you and me."
Last use in Scripture
The last time shoftim is used in Scripture is in Zechariah 8:16.
These are the things which you should do: speak the truth to one another; judge with truth and judgment for peace in your gates.
- Administration of Justice - Deuteronomy 17:1
- Portion of the Levi'im - Deuteronomy 18:1
- Spiritism Forbidden - Deuteronomy 18:9
- Cities of Refuge - Deuteronomy 19:1
- Laws of Landmarks and Judicial Testimony - Deuteronomy 19:14
- Laws Regarding War - Deuteronomy 20:1
- Expiation of a Crime - Deuteronomy 21:1
Portraits of Messiah
Verse by Verse Notes
- Next >>