תרוּמה - "Contribution"
Then the LORD spoke to Moses, saying, "Tell the sons of Israel to raise a contribution for Me; from every man whose heart moves him you shall raise My contribution.
|<< Previous (Mishpatim)||Next (Tetzaveh) >>|
The Hebrew Words
First use in Scripture
The first time terumah is used in Scripture is in Exodus 25:2.
"Tell the sons of Israel to raise a contribution for Me; from every man whose heart moves him you shall raise My contribution.
Last use in Scripture
The last time terumah is used in Scripture is in Malachi 3:8.
"Will a man rob God? Yet you are robbing Me! But you say, 'How have we robbed You?' In tithes and offerings.
- Offerings For the Sanctuary - Exodus 25:1
- Ark of the Covenant - Exodus 25:10
- The Table of Showbread - Exodus 25:23
- The Golden Lampstand - Exodus 25:31
- Curtains of Linen - Exodus 26:1
- Curtains of Goats Hair - Exodus 26:7
- Boards and Sockets - Exodus 26:15
- The Veil and Screen - Exodus 26:31
- The Bronze Alter - Exodus 27:1
- Court of the Tabernacle - Exodus 27:9
We know from the story of disciples on the road to Emmaus that all the Scriptures speak of Messiah Yeshua (Luke 24:27). In John 8:12 Messiah declares that He is "the Light of the world". The lamp stand in the tabernacle pictures Messiah.
- The lampstand was the only light in the tabernacle. Yeshua is the only light that will be present in the world to come (Revelation 22:5).
- The lampstand was on the right hand of the mercy seat (looking out from the Holy of Holies). Yeshua has been seated at the right hand of the Father (Acts 2:33).
- The lampstand illuminated the work of the Levi'im. Yeshua is the light that illuminates those who serve in His Name (John 1:1-4).
Verse by Verse Notes