October 18, 1270- The bloody Christian Crusades (the seventh and last) ceased with a treaty signed by King Louis XI and the Berbers.
October 14, 1700- Chaim Molocho and Rav Yehuda Hachasid landed in Yerushalayim (Jerusalem) with hundreds of disciples. Rav Yehuda Hachasid died 3 days later. A shul was built on land he had purchased for that purpose, and was named for him. The Muslims destroyed the shul in 1720. It was rebuilt in 1837 and destroyed by the Arabs again in 1948. Though it has been rebuilt and rededicated on March 15, 2010, it still retains its name as the Churva.