וילך - "And (He) Went"
So Moses went and spoke these words to all Israel.
|<< Previous (Nitzavim)||Next (Ha'azinu) >>|
The Hebrew Word
First use in Scripture
The first time halak is used in Scripture is in Genesis 2:14.
The name of the third river is Tigris; it flows [literally: walks] east of Assyria. And the fourth river is the Euphrates.
Last use in Scripture
The last time halak is used in Scripture is in Malachi 3:14.
"You have said, 'It is vain to serve God; and what profit is it that we have kept His charge, and that we have walked in mourning before the LORD of hosts?
- Moshe's Last Council - Deuteronomy 31:1
- Prophecy That Israel Will Fall Away - Deuteronomy 31:14
- Y'hoshua is Commissioned - Deuteronomy 31:14
Portraits of Messiah
Verse by Verse Notes
2 of the traditional 613 commandments is found in this parashah:
- 198- To assemble all the people on the Sukkot following the seventh year - Deuteronomy 31:10-12
- 74- Each male must write a Torah scroll - Deuteronomy 31:19
1340 verses that include halak (Strong's #1980)