ואתחנן - "And I Pleaded"
"I pleaded with the LORD at that time, saying,
|<< Previous (Devarim)||Next (Ekev) >>|
The Hebrew Word
First use in Scripture
The first time chanan is used in Scripture is in Genesis 33:5.
He lifted his eyes and saw the women and the children, and said, "Who are these with you?" So he said, "The children whom G-d has graciously given your servant."
Last use in Scripture
The last time chanan is used in Scripture is in Malachi 1:9.
"But now will you not entreat God's favor, that He may be gracious to us? With such an offering on your part, will He receive any of you kindly?" says the LORD of hosts.
- Israel Urged to Obey G-d's Torah - Deuteronomy 4:1
- The Ten Commandments Reiterated -Deuteronomy 5:1
- Moshe Interceded -Deuteronomy 5:22
- Obey G-d and Prosper -Deuteronomy 6:1
- Warnings -Deuteronomy 7:1
Portraits of Messiah
Verse by Verse Notes