דברים - "Words"
These are the words which Moses spoke to all Israel across the Jordan in the wilderness, in the Arabah opposite Suph, between Paran and Tophel and Laban and Hazeroth and Dizahab.
|<< Previous (Masa'ei)||Next (Va'etchanan) >>|
The Hebrew Word
First use in Scripture
The first time davar is used in Scripture is in Genesis 11:1.
Now the whole earth used the same language and the same words.
Last use in Scripture
The last time davar is used in Scripture is in Malachi 3:13.
"Your words have been arrogant against Me," says the LORD. "Yet you say, 'What have we spoken against You?'
- Israel's History After the Exodus - Deuteronomy 1:1
- Wanderings in the Wilderness -Deuteronomy 2:1
- Conquests Recounted -Deuteronomy 3:1
Portraits of Messiah
Verse by Verse Notes
2 of the traditional 613 commandments are found in this parashah:
- 523- Do not appoint judges who are not familiar with judicial procedure- Deuteronomy 1:17
- 546- The judge must not fear a violent man in judgment- Deuteronomy 1:17
1262 verses that include davar (Strong's #1697)