חקת - "Statute"
Then the LORD spoke to Moses and Aaron, saying, "This is the statute of the law which the LORD has commanded, saying, 'Speak to the sons of Israel that they bring you an unblemished red heifer in which is no defect and on which a yoke has never been placed.
|<< Previous (Korach)||Next (Balak) >>|
The Hebrew Word
First use in Scripture
The first time chukat is used in Scripture is in Genesis 26:5.
Because Abraham obeyed Me and kept My charge, My commandments, My statutes and My laws."
Last use in Scripture
The last time chukat is used in Scripture is in Micah 6:16.
"The statutes of Omri And all the works of the house of Ahab are observed; And in their devices you walk. Therefore I will give you up for destruction And your inhabitants for derision, And you will bear the reproach of My people."
- Ordinance of the Red Heifer - Numbers 19:1
- Death of Miryiam - Numbers 20:1
- The Water of Meravah - Numbers 20:8
- Death of Aharon - Numbers 20:23
- Arad Conquered - Numbers 21:1
- The Bronze Serpent - Numbers 21:6
- Two Victories - Numbers 21:21
Portraits of Messiah
Verse by Verse Notes
3 of the traditional 613 commandments are found in this parashah:
- 468- Carry out the procedure of the Red Heifer (Para Aduma)- Numbers 19:2
- 467- Carry out the laws of impurity of the dead- Numbers 19:14
- 469- Carry out the laws of the sprinkling water- Numbers 19:21
100 verses that include chukkah (Strong's #2708)