בּמדבּר - "In The Wilderness"
Then the LORD spoke to Moses in the wilderness of Sinai, in the tent of meeting, on the first of the second month, in the second year after they had come out of the land of Egypt, saying,
|<< Previous (B'chukotai)||Next (Naso) >>|
The Hebrew Word
As was noted in Parashah B'har the Hebrew prefix "b" (b'har) is a generic prefix that serves as a preposition. In this case the preposition is translated as "in".
First use in Scripture
The first time midbar is used in Scripture is in Genesis 14:6.
And the Horites in their Mount Seir, as far as El-paran, which is by the wilderness.
Last use in Scripture
The last time midbar is used in Scripture is in Malachi 1:3.
"I have loved you," says the LORD. But you say, "How have You loved us?" "Was not Esau Jacob's brother?" declares the LORD. "Yet I have loved Jacob; but I have hated Esau, and I have made his mountains a desolation and appointed his inheritance for the jackals of the wilderness."
- The Census of Israel's Warriors - Numbers 1:1
- Levi'im Exempted -Numbers 1:47
- Arrangement of the Camps - Numbers 2:1
- Levi'im to Be Kohanim- Numbers 3:1
- Duties of the Kohanim- Numbers 3:25
- Firstborn Redeemed - Numbers 3:40
- Duties of the Kohati - Numbers 4:1
Portraits of Messiah
Verse by Verse Notes
- Next >>