אמר - "Speak"
Then the LORD said to Moses, "Speak to the priests, the sons of Aaron, and say to them: 'No one shall defile himself for a dead person among his people,
|<< Previous (Kedoshim)||Next (B'har) >>|
The Hebrew Word
Emor (Strong's #559) a primitive root which means "to say". It is used 5195 times in 4278 verses in the Tanakh.
First use in Scripture
The first time emor is used in Scripture is in Genesis 1:3.
Then G-d said, "Let there be light"; and there was light.
Last use in Scripture
The last time emor is used in Scripture is in Malachi 4:3.
"You will tread down the wicked, for they will be ashes under the soles of your feet on the day which I am preparing," says the LORD of hosts.
- Regulations Concerning Priests - Leviticus 21:1
- Sundry Rules for Priests - Leviticus 22:1
- Flawless Animals for Sacrifice - Leviticus 22:17
- The Appointed Times- Leviticus 23
- The Day of Atonement - Leviticus 23:26
- The Lamp and the Bread of the Sanctuary - Leviticus 24:1
- An Eye for an Eye (Equal Measure) - Leviticus 24:17
Portraits of Messiah
Verse by Verse Notes