Then the LORD spoke to Moses, saying, "Command Aaron and his sons, saying, 'This is the law for the burnt offering: the burnt offering itself shall remain on the hearth on the altar all night until the morning, and the fire on the altar is to be kept burning on it.
|<< Previous (Vayikra)||Next (Shemini) >>|
The Hebrew Words
First use in Scripture
The first time tzavah is used in Scripture is in Genesis 2:16.
The LORD G-d commanded the man, saying, "From any tree of the garden you may eat freely;
Last use in Scripture
The last time tzavah is used in Scripture is in Malachi 4:4.
"Remember the law of Moses My servant, even the statutes and ordinances which I commanded him in Horeb for all Israel.
- The Kohanim's Part of the Offerings - Leviticus 6:8
- The Consecration of Aharon and His Sons - Leviticus 8:1
Portraits of Messiah
Verse by Verse Notes
17 of the traditional 613 commandments are found in this parashah.
- 391- Bring an asham vadai (temple offering) when guilt is ascertained- Leviticus 6:6
- 29- Keep the fire burning on the altar- Leviticus 6:9
- 30- Do not extinguish the fire on the altar- Leviticus 6:9
- 347- To remove the ashes from the altar every day- Leviticus 6:10
- 337- Do not eat the meal offering of the Kohen HaGadol- Leviticus 6:16
- 339- The kohanim must eat the remains of the meal offerings- Leviticus 6:16
- 338- Do not bake a meal offering as leavened bread- Leviticus 6:17
- 348- The Kohen Gadol ("High Priest") must bring a meal offering every day- Leviticus 6:20
- 326- Do not eat the meat of the inner sin offering- Leviticus 6:23
- 325- Carry out the procedure of the sin offering- Leviticus 6:25-30
- 328- Carry out the procedure of the guilt offering- Leviticus 7:1
- 332- To follow the procedure of the peace offering- Leviticus 7:11
- 365- To burn the leftover sacrifices- Leviticus 7:17
- 360- Do not eat from sacrifices offered with improper intentions- Leviticus 7:18
- 363- Do not eat from sacrifices which became impure- Leviticus 7:19
- 366- To burn all impure sacrifices- Leviticus 7:19
- 364- An impure person must not eat from sacrifices- Leviticus 7:20
474 verses that include tzavah (Strong's #6680)