ןיקהל - "And (He) Assembled"
Then Moses assembled all the congregation of the sons of Israel, and said to them, "These are the things that the LORD has commanded you to do:
|<< Previous (Ki Tisa)||Next (Pekudei) >>|
The Hebrew Words
First use in Scripture
The first time kahal is used in Scripture is in Exodus 32:1.
Now when the people saw that Moses delayed to come down from the mountain, the people assembled about Aaron and said to him, "Come, make us a god who will go before us; as for this Moses, the man who brought us up from the land of Egypt, we do not know what has become of him."
Last use in Scripture
The last time kahal is used in Scripture is in Ezekiel 38:13.
"Sheba and Dedan and the merchants of Tarshish with all its villages will say to you, 'Have you come to capture spoil? Have you assembled your company to seize plunder, to carry away silver and gold, to take away cattle and goods, to capture great spoil?'"'
- Shabbat Emphasized - Exodus 35:1
- Tabernacle Workmen - Exodus 35:10
- Gifts Received - Exodus 35:20
- The Tabernacle Underwritten - Exodus 36:1
- Construction Proceeds - Exodus 36:8
- Construction Continues - Exodus 37:1
- The Tabernacle Completed - Exodus 38:1
Portraits of Messiah
Verse by Verse Notes