תולדת - "Generations"
Now these are the records of the generations of Isaac, Abraham's son: Abraham became the father of Isaac;
|<< Previous (Chayei Sarah)||Next (Vayetze) >>|
The Hebrew Word
First use in Scripture
The first time toldot is used in Scripture is in Genesis 2:4.
This is the account of the heavens and the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD G-d made earth and heaven.
Last use in Scripture
The last time toldot is used in Scripture is in 1 Chronicles 26:31.
1 Chronicles 26:31-32
As for the Hebronites, Jerijah the chief (these Hebronites were investigated according to their genealogies and fathers' households, in the fortieth year of David's reign, and men of outstanding capability were found among them at Jazer of Gilead) and his relatives, capable men, were 2,700 in number, heads of fathers' households. And King David made them overseers of the Reubenites, the Gadites and the half-tribe of the Manassites concerning all the affairs of God and of the king.
- Yitzchak's Sons - Genesis 25:19
- Yitzchak's Settles in G'rar - Genesis 26:1
- Quarrel Over The Wells - Genesis 26:18
- Covenant with Avimelech - Genesis 26:26
- Yaakov's Deception - Genesis 27:1
- The Stolen Blessing - Genesis 27:30
- Yaakov is Sent Away - Genesis 28:1
Portraits of Messiah
Verse by Verse Notes